This is a useful spell & it’s play very different role on dnd. This post we have briefly discuss their range, duration, casting time, components and classes are explained. You can see below;
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 30 feet
Source: Xanathar’s guide to everything
Classes: Druid, Sorcerer & Wizard
Duration: Instantaneous or 1 hour (see below)
You choose an area of water that you can see within range and that fits within a 5-foot cube. You manipulate it in one of the following ways:
- You instantaneously move or otherwise change the flow of the water as you direct, up to 5 feet in any direction.
This movement doesn’t have enough force to cause damage.
- You cause the water to form into simple shapes and animate at your direction. This change lasts for 1 hour.
- You change the water’s color or opacity. The water must be changed in the same way throughout. This change lasts for 1 hour.
- You freeze the water, provided that there are no creatures in it. The water unfreezes in 1 hour.
If you cast this spell multiple times, you can have no more than two of its non-instantaneous effects active at a time, and you can dismiss such an effect as an action.
Frequently Asked Question of Shape water
People ask some question about Shape water, the answer is given below;
1. Is Shape Water A Good Cantrip?
Yes. Shape water is a good transmutation cantrip, because there are no limits to what a creative player can do with a cantrip like shape water.
This spell is incredibly versatile, and whether players are in combat, on the road or just sitting at a tavern, they will find a use for shape water-making it just as useful as any Eldritch Blast.
2. How Does 5e Shape Water?
Its a too simple, firstly you choose an area of water that you can see within range and that fits within a 5-foot cube.
You manipulate it in one of the following ways: you instantaneously move or otherwise change the flow of the water as you direct, up to 5 feet in any direction.
3. Can Shape Water Do Damage?
According to spell rules, the most obvious way to use shape water offensively is to drop something heavy on a creature. A 5-foot cube of ice weighs just under 7,800 pounds.
4. Can You Fly With Shape Water?
Yes. Its specifically says any direction and doesn’t say you can’t choose up. Technically it’s an instantaneous spell so it would begin falling again immediately. Most things fall at 60ft 500ft per round.
5. Can Shape Water Affect Ice 5e?
Yes. According to spell defination, it can’t affect ice or snow, only the colloquial, common, non-chemistry meaning of “water” that means the liquid phase.
You can see this colloquial meaning used in the last bullet where it talks about how you can “freeze the water”.
This post we have covered the Shape Water, I hope you have liked this post. Thanks for visiting this post.